Panama Leaks are papers or documents which reveal the secretive offshore companies used to hide wealth, evade taxes and commit fraud by the world’s dictators, business tycoons, and criminals. It is One of the biggest leaks in journalistic history.
These Panama documents are obtained from a Panama-based offshore services provider called Mossack Fonseca. The documents are received by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and shared by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) with the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP).
So basically, whoever comes in the leaks gets into trouble and one would be shocked to know that the world over how many personalities, presidents and business tycoons’ names have been leaked.
One such personality is our very own Pakistani Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif.
In the case of our prime minister, history itself are a witness and a proof against allegations of corruption and tax evasion of the Sharif family since the 1980s. But what the Panama Leaks have stated will shock people to an extreme extent that how much property the Sharif family has STOLEN from the public.
10 shocking leaks about the Sharif Family:
- One of the Pakistan’s richest family, the Sharif family has been accused of money laundering, ownership of illegal assets worth billions, corruption, and tax evasion.
- The leaks revealed that three of Nawaz Sharif’s children namely, Mariam Safdar, Hussain Sharif, and Hassan Sharif own offshore companies and assets not shown on his family’s wealth statement.
- These three children of the Prime Minister own at least six upmarket properties overlooking London’s Hyde Park,according to the Panama leaks.
- Mariam Safdar along with her brother Hussain Sharif was the owner of British Virgin Islands-based firms Nielsen Enterprises Limited and Niscoll Limited, incorporated in 1994 and 1993.
- All the members of the Sharif Family, each have their own personal property in the UK along with separate companies.
- Hussain and Mariam signed a document dated June 2007 that was part of a series of transactions in which Deutsche Bank Geneva lent up to $13.8 million to Nescoll, Nielsen, and another company, with their London properties as collateral.
- Hasan Nawaz Sharif was the sole director of Hangon Property Holdings Limited incorporated in the British Virgin Islands in February 2007.
- Cascon transferred shares in Hangon Property Holdings Limited to Hasan Nawaz Sharif for about $11.2 million in 2007.
- The companies that were owned by the Sharif Family have been used to channel funds (meant for the poor) to acquire foreign assets, including some apartments along Park Lane in London’s Mayfair area for the luxury of Sharif Family.
- It has been revealed that Marium Safdar is the sole owner of the Shell Company as it has been registered in her name and the company operates in Jeddah, Peru, and Singapore.
THE FAMILY ALTHOUGH IS IN CONSTANT DENIAL ON THE ALLEGATIONS BASED ON THEM AND TERM THEMSELVES AS POOR PEOPLE AND A RELIGIOUS FAMILY. WHILE MARIUM SAFDAR EVEN CLAIMS OF OWNING NO PROPERTY EVEN IN PAKISTAN AS SHE IS TOTALLY DEPENDANT ON HER FATHER.
BUT THE QUESTION IS WHERE DO ALL THE FUNDS GO AND HOW COME THE FAMILY HAS HUGE PALACES IN LONDON FOR ACCOMMODATION? THIS IS YET TO BE PROVED.