Mahira Khan, the pretty damsel of Pakistan is popular worldwide because of her dusky voice and innocent girl next door looks along with her acting skills. Mahira khan was born and bred in Karachi on 21st December 1982 and had led a very sheltered life. She completed her O’Levels from foundation public School, then went on to Santa Monica Community College in Los Angeles for higher education. After her graduation, she enrolled at the University of Southern California for the degree but due to personal reasons could not complete and came back to Pakistan in 2006.
Name: Mahira Hafeez Khan
Date of Birth: 21st December 1982 in Karachi, Pakistan
Full Name: Mahira Khan Askari
Height: 5′ 7″ (1.7m)
Occupation: Actress, VJ and Model.
Career start: 2006 till present
Marital Status: Ali Askari (2007 till 2012)
Children: Azlaan (son)
Current Status: Divorced
She started her career at the mere age of 16 when she was approached by Ghazanfar Ali, CEO of Television Network, for the hosting of an MTV show. She was hesitant at first but she agreed with the help of her to be husband Ali Askari, who was also an originative director in the Pakistani media. She worked as a VJ on MTVs Most Wanted for MTV Pakistan and then started to love her job. She was proposed by Ali Askari in the mid of her show and she agreed. She hosted another show in 2008 for AAG TV by name of weekends with Mahira. She soon gained popularity due to her charming face and infectious smile.
In 2011 she made her film debut in ‘BOL’, directed by Shoaib Mansoor and in the same year she made her drama debut, ‘NEEYAT’ by ARY Digital Network which was a romance drama. After that, she had a huge fan following because of her amazing acting. The most popular of her drama was with co-actor Fawad Khan a romantic drama which portrayed her true acting skills with a mixture of emotions that made people fell in love with her, the drama was ‘HUMSAFAR’ in 2011.
LIST OF SHOWS:
- MTVs MOST WANTED Host in 2006
- Weekends With Mahira Host in 2008
- TUC the Lighter Side of Life Host in 2014
LIST OF DRAMAS:
- Neeyat 2011
- Humsafar 2011
- Sher-e-Zaat 2012
- Sadqay Tumhare 2014
- Bin Roye 2016
LIST OF MOVIES:
- Bol 2011
- Bin Roye 2015
- Manto 2015
- Ho Mann Jahan 2016
- Raees (Indian film) 2017
- Verna 2017
Soon after the success of ‘HUMSAFAR’ drama she became very successful and appeared in many shows with co-actor Fawad Khan which caused a lot of problems with her husband Ali Askari. They also had a son named Azlaan Khan. In the end of 2012 she declared that the couple had divorced, he real reason still remains unknown. Mahira khan has been single since then and her son is in her custody but visits his father often.
5 SHOCKING FACTS ABOUT MAHIRA
- When Mahira Khan was in Los Angeles for her studies she pursued her first job as a cashier at RITE AID. There she did many odd works like mopping the floors, cleaning the toilets and shutting the store at night. Even successful people have seen a lot.
- Her father did not want her to marry Ali Askari and was against it saying that she was throwing away her life, which later proved to be right after her divorce in 2012.
- Mahira khan was said to be the most beautiful woman in Pakistan in 2012.
- In 2015 Mahira Khan was ranked the 10th sexiest Asian Woman along with Priyanka Chopra and Sonam Kapoor.
- In the year 2017 Mahira’s Indian film opposite the famous Shahrukh Khan was supposed to be released and also half shooting was complete but due to India-Pakistan tensions, India ordered all Pakistani stars to leave their country. This caused a major drawback as the actress is reported to have been removed from the film
Mahira Khan is an extremely talented with good looks along with her versatile acting style and has contributed a lot to the Pakistani media. She has earned many awards for her skills as well. She got the LUX Style awards for the best TV actress for NEEYAT, the LUX style awards for bets film actress for BIN ROYE, the LUX style award for best TV actress for HUMSAFAR and the LUX style award for best TV actress for SADQE TUMHARE.